Nancie Beauty – Afro and Multi Textured Hairdressers for Children
Children with afro or multi textured and mixed race hair types need specific styling and specialist hairdressing techniques to ensure that they’re natural afro, curly textured hair stays manageable and in beautiful condition. If you’re a parent of a mixed race child or a child with very curly hair, you’ll know the challenges faced by parents trying to keep their little one’s gorgeous curls in the best condition possible. Curly hair and in particular afro and mixed race hair types are very different in texture to those with straighter hair. As such, a good haircare routine is important and will save styling stress for both parent and child.
Nancie Beauty – Child-friendly Salon
At Nancie Beauty we have a fantastic reputation when it comes to our younger clients. As parents ourselves, we understand how to converse with children visiting our salon and make them feel empowered and involved in the decisions regarding their hair.
Not only can we put very young children at ease, but we will also talk to older children with a real direct adult approach, helping to educate them on their hair type and help them to understand the styling and hair care routine needs.
Top tips for Children with afro, mixed race or multi textured curly hair
- Washing – washing the hair every day will strip the hair of its natural oils and dry out curls so don’t wash your child’s hair every day. (Most young children like this one!)
- Products – pick a suitable moisturising shampoo and conditioner. Your Nancie Beauty stylist will be able to advise the perfect products to maintain your natural curls
- Check ingredients – children’s hair care should not contain too many chemicals so avoid ingredients such as parabens, alcohol and sulphates
- Brushing – when brushing afro, mixed race hair or multi textured curly hair make sure hair is wet and use a wide tooth comb with conditioner or detangling spray
- Styling – don’t cause a build-up on the hair and weigh down curls with too much product such as gel or mousse
Hair products for children with afro, mixed race and curly textured hair
Hair products for Children with afro, mixed race and multi textured hair should be selected with caution. We will assess your child’s hair and curl type, giving you sound advice on the right type of washing and styling products for your child. We stock a full range of children’s hair care at Nancie Beauty.